Environmental responsibility is a core value at The Kew Golf Club and we are committed to becoming an ecologically sustainable golf course, integrating continual improvement into all our operations.
To achieve these goals The Kew Golf Club commits to the following:
- Constantly striving to prevent pollution in our environmental performance.
- Complying with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining an effective environmental management plan incorporating the goals of this policy.
- Taking action to address potentially sensitive environmental impacts resulting from our activities such as discharge of waters, energy use, erosion and sedimentation and disposal of waste.
- Openly communicating our environmental policy to employees, contractors, members and public.
- Assessing the effectiveness of the Environmental Management Program through a review of objectives and targets and a continual improvement process.
- Fostering an environmentally responsible attitude within our organization by providing appropriate training and competency assessments.
Accountability for the application of this policy rest with the management group of the golf club and all employees sharing the environmental management responsibilities.